250rr how to soften clutch

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: 250rr how to soften clutch

Postby GMP » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:02 am

I see, for $899! :shock: A few minutes before that I thought the Clake system was steep at $360 AU + !
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby betajuice » Fri May 01, 2015 1:36 pm

i actually got a quick tour of the clake workshop, they actually manufacture everything in house except the hydraulic lines. i saw the complexity of all the parts they CNC machine, even their hand levers, and could see where all the money goes. they could get it done a lot cheaper in china but aren't prepared to give up the quality control they have over it all which is fair enough.

rekluse may be in the same position? there's less machining but if they do it inhouse then i could see why they charge what they do....
betajuice

Postby katoom400 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:17 am

twowheels wrote:
GMP wrote:OK so its basically what I said then a type of non-linear system. Other "easy pull" levers and the old "easy clutch" device for cable clutches just changed the ratio, as do master/slave swaps. From your description the no free lunch comment might still apply to a point, doesn't sound cheap or maintanence free. I'll have to check it out.

Something else to investigate is the clutch itself. It was said at one time you can remove the anti-judder setup and install another set of plates. This would increase friction area and should allow lighter springs, if you could source them. I have not tried this its just a thought. This "extra plates/light springs" is a GasGas clutch design philosophy and why their clutches are so light.

Rekluse is now selling a manual clutch with something on the order of 12 plates ... and super light pull at the lever.

the Torque Drive Rekluse doesn't seem to be available for the Beta yet, and it's still in the neighborhood of $900.
katoom400

Previous

Return to Product Reviews