Fastway Evo Air footpegs

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Fastway Evo Air footpegs

Postby Arctra » Sat May 02, 2015 10:51 pm

I got myself a set of Evo Air footpegs hoping that by putting the collars in the lower position (Lo-Boy) it'll make a bit more room when sitting as I struggled a little feeling cramped up. The package comes nice shrink-wrapped with the Beta Fitment kit.

The instructions are nice and clear with pictures.

All the bits are there and pretty easy to put together.

The pegs are nice and light, have a great anodized finish - I reckon they're going to look pretty slick on the bike.

The kit comes with two different length cleats that you can screw in in different configurations to suit your needs.

I've just installed the shortest cleats to start with and if I feel the need for more grip I'll try some different configurations.

Another nice feature of the pegs is the camber adjustability. By putting shims in between the bolt and the peg you can tilt the pegs upwards. By tilting the pegs upwards it helps keep your knees closer to the bike. Given I have been struggling a little with cramping on my inner thighs because the muscles get tired quickly (coz they're so weak) from me squeezing my knees into the bike I'm really hoping this helps.
Arctra

Re: Fastway Evo Air footpegs

Postby Arctra » Sat May 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Fitting was pretty easy although there were a couple of tense moments when trying to put the pin back in to hold the pegs in place. Putting the stock peg next to the Fastway peg you can see they are fairly similar in size, but the Fastway Evo offset is evident.

The Fastway peg looks as though it is tilted forward slightly more than the stock peg

Even without any shims on the camber bolt the peg is tilted upwards which should help keeping my knees pressed into the tank/seat.

With this much tilt I think I am going to try the pegs without any shims first. Depending on how things go I might then experiment with more inward camber.

I noticed that when the pegs flick back/up the spring sometimes pops out and needs to be pushed back in place with a flat blade screwdriver. So I pulled out the locking wire and have looped it around the frame and the spring end to hold it in place.
Arctra

Postby betajuice » Sun May 03, 2015 1:07 pm

looking good in the red, arctra! i just adapted the old silver ones across from my ktm. the inside diameter of the collars were just a fraction small so filed them out a bit and they worked fine.

another big plus is you still get plenty of grip with the smallest cleats, but they reduce wear on the boot soles too.

after messing around with bars and risers, these are a great way for us taller guys to feel comfortable on a bike. it's on the ktm, but i did a video about these pegs if anyone wanted to know a bit more about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpfNuoNFGTI
betajuice

Postby flybars » Mon May 04, 2015 9:00 am

I had a set of the older style on a gg300 that is sold. I have two rides on a new set of the same style and really like them. I have knee pain when transitioning from sitting to standing, so these help. The newer style's shape looks less likely to hit trail trash.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby DaddyTJ » Mon May 04, 2015 1:57 pm

I have some Pivot Pegs and noticed the pin diameters are larger on the Beta pins and really didn't want to use the smaller KTM pins in the larger frame holes. I like the idea of making the Pivot Peg holes larger. Will try it out and see if I can make it happen.
2017 Beta 300 RR
2015 Beta 300 RR
2008 KTM 300 XC-W Bye Bye
2010 Husaberg 450 FE Bye Bye
DaddyTJ

Return to Product Reviews