Force Accessories skidplate/exhaust guard, radiator braces

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Force Accessories skidplate/exhaust guard, radiator braces

Postby betajuice » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Two of my mates got their Beta RR300s months before me and got them kitted out with the Force Accessories gear. I should say first up, it's all Australian built so could well be too expensive if you live elsewhere, once you factor in postage and our dollar having picked up a bit lately.

But having said that, I know their stuff does sell overseas because it's extremely heavy duty... I had it on the KTM 250EXC for a year and can't count the number of times it saved my exhaust and rear disc from the rocks!

So... the combined skidplate/exhaust guard is very solid and I've given it a good pounding on big logs and rocks with no issues at all. If I can trust my scales it appears to be about 1.5kg which is quite good for the size of it, the Kato one was over 2kg from memory. It comes up high enough on the sides that I think most wouldn't need to bother about a carbon fiber guard, but for our sort of riding I still think I better add one of these!

The radiator braces are very strong, with three alloy struts running horizontally for side impacts. I haven't really thumped the bike down to test these, but if they are anything like the Kato ones it will take a lot to bend them.

Case saver, not much to say about that... it looks very strong and allows room for bigger front sprockets if needed.

As mentioned in the vid below, I almost opted out of the speedo protector but went over the bars the other day and hit the speedo hard enough to chip the protector, so I'd say it's already paid for itself three times over given a new speedo is about AUD$200.

I've only done about five rides with all the gear on, but will report back over time if there are any issues. At this stage, I'd say if you plan on hitting nasty terrain often this gear could be well worth the expense.

I put my thoughts into this video review too: https://youtu.be/DjlWUga30xU

betajuice

Re: Force Accessories skidplate/exhaust guard, radiator brac

Postby GMP » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:30 am

A big +1 for the Force. I've had the Force combo on my Beta for well over a year now. Not cheap, but the best protection investment you can make if your a rock rider. Has stayed tight and does the job well. I would have destroyed a few pipes and more by now without it. My brother just put some $$ down on a used '14 300RR and I told him the same thing.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby flybars » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:55 am

I've used Force products in the past on gasgas's. Really stout stuff. Still have the Radiator braces on the '03. Would like to have the Beta skid/pipe guard. The best imo.
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby betajuice » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:40 am

One thing the skidplate/exhaust guard hightlights is the nice job Beta did of getting the exhaust pipe higher and tucked away more.

On the KTM the plate was a fair bit bigger, heavier and came down a fair way to cover that low slung exhaust but is lighter, smaller and just looks neater on the Beta (lol that even rhymes!).
betajuice

Postby GMP » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:36 am

The entire bottom of the bike is flat and even better when you add the link skid. Nothing hangs up and you can slide off logs you can't hop or screwed up on.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby betajuice » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:52 pm

GMP wrote:The entire bottom of the bike is flat and even better when you add the link skid. Nothing hangs up and you can slide off logs you can't hop or screwed up on.

definitely. was practicing the old slide over on the skidplate last weekend and she's sliding over really well now. the linkage can still hook up on smaller logs but got a fastway linkage guard on the way then the italian princess should glide over everything. :mrgreen:
betajuice

Postby dirtbird » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:07 am

Judging from the info provided and the photo:

Heavy
Skid plate part doesn't cover the rear part of the frame
Exhaust part looks that it will catch the boot every time you have your leg out
If you manage to bend it, then it will be too difficult to repair
and

looks AWFUL

My carbon ex/chamber protector has done its work fine for the last 2 years.
Ride mostly rocky sections.

Pardon me but I don't get how you like this thing.....
Just my opinion

edit: just watched the video..... Speedo protector has a good design and radiator braces look very tough.
Still not sold to the combo protector. Definitely a boot catcher.....
'10 RR450, '11 RR450, '12 RR498, '13 RR300, '13 RR300 Racing, '14 RR250/300 Racing - all gone
'17 RR300
dirtbird

Postby GMP » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:08 pm

All speculation, I've had this for over a year. It's not any heavier than an alloy skid plate and a pipe guard combined. I cut the OEM protector up and added it under the Force to cover the rear of the frame and add a buffer. I don't care what it looks like, it's functional. If looks mattered most I'd just ride a Ducati all the time. I have destroyed carbon guards and pipes with them on, they make big hits worse as a lot of the energy goes to the pipe flange. For how I ride, and how the cross trainer guys here ride, it's the best option by far.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby betajuice » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:17 pm

GMP wrote:...I cut the OEM protector up and added it under the Force to cover the rear of the frame and add a buffer. I don't care what it looks like, it's functional...

nice idea on the stock protector, might try that myself. re: the looks of it, it hugs the bike and to me only looks big when you are down low looking at it side on as per the pic above. once you are standing it hugs the bike closely so not very noticeable. not that i care how the bike looks as anyone can see from the bare plastics i put on the RR300 to save the originals and the decals. :mrgreen:

exhaust part has neve caught my boot, again it hugs the pipe very closely. but yeah this combo plate/guard won't be everyone's cup of tea but has long been a favorite of aussies who hit logs and rocks regularly (even when they don't mean to).
betajuice

Postby humanoid » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:50 am

has Force updated the skid/pipeprotector design to cover more of the frame by the pegs?

I think I read that somewhere..?

and has anyone tried the Forces skidplate with any other pipe other than stock?
humanoid

Next

Return to Product Reviews