Kelly bumbag review - expensive but built to last

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Kelly bumbag review - expensive but built to last

Postby betajuice » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:50 pm

been riding for a while with this beautiful hand made aussie leather bumbag. at AUD$150 it must be the most expensive one out there but there are guys still using theirs after 20 years of riding.

i tested a mate's bumbag first to make sure i wanted one... it would be a bummer (literally?) to buy this one then decide you don't like bumbags.

anyway, kelly has been a one man show for over two decades and he personallys stitches these together. the design has been tweaked a little after early feedback and the current version hasn't changed for years. check it out in the vid below. might be worth looking at in the US given our dollar is dropping again toward 70c against the USD.

here's a video review if you might be interested: https://youtu.be/mK7Uz1P7ytY

betajuice

Re: Kelly bumbag review - expensive but built to last

Postby NZMarkb » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:12 am

$150's not bad at all
I paid $100 for one back in 97 at the Cessnock 6 day
I foolishly gave it to a mate and he's still using it :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
If your not willing to stand behind our troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb

Postby liberse » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:11 am

Twenty two seasons on my Kelly Bumbag, so this tool bag has seen 21 Ktm`s and one Beta 300 Factory. The plan is for it to continue seing Beta`s in the foreseeable future.

Liberse :D
liberse

Postby Jakobi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:01 pm

My Kelly has lasted since late 2011 (now early 2016) and she's on her last legs with some stitching starting to let go and the leather just about worn through on the bottom.

In saying that, it's probably been worn close to 400 engine hours throughout that time.. often in wet/muddy conditions, and after each ride it's basically been taken off and put next to the boots to wait until the next time they're needed. Also been packed up with 5kg of various tooling and crud. I think keeping them packed out is part of the key though. When things can move around that's when they start to cause wear and damage.
Jakobi

Return to Product Reviews