Photo file size increase

Help us make this place the best it can be!

Photo file size increase

Postby enduroPNW » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:15 am

Any chance the size of photo attachments can be increased? Most modern cell phones talk high quality photos. Uploading them can be a process, or maybe it's just me that struggles with this lol. (Take photo on cell phone, screen~shot photo, email photo to self and down size image quality, jump on laptop and download attachment, cross fingers and hope it's small enough to upload)

Thanks
2015 Beta 250 RR
2016 KTM 690 enduro
Instagram @jt_PNW
PNW
WA
enduroPNW

Re: Photo file size increase

Postby Darkside » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:56 am

Yep. That's what I do. email the pic to myself in the med. file size and then post it to a photo hosting site like photobucket, and now imgur. I think those sites auto size but can't remember for sure
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby webmaster » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:39 am

Hi Guys,

You can upload attachments directly to the forum here - that way they are preserved forever.

I already have the attachment size set at .5 megs - which for a forum is very high. If I set it higher than that - after a while my backups will be *huge*....

Look for a good app on your phone to scale photos down both in quality (size) and dimensions.... I use faststone photo resizer on windows and like it....

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby enduroPNW » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

webmaster wrote:Hi Guys,

You can upload attachments directly to the forum here - that way they are preserved forever.

I already have the attachment size set at .5 megs - which for a forum is very high. If I set it higher than that - after a while my backups will be *huge*....

Look for a good app on your phone to scale photos down both in quality (size) and dimensions.... I use faststone photo resizer on windows and like it....

jeff

Actually just downloaded one this morning for my android , took about 30 seconds to resize each photo. Problem solved and posted some pics in my last thread. Thanks jeff.
2015 Beta 250 RR
2016 KTM 690 enduro
Instagram @jt_PNW
PNW
WA
enduroPNW

Return to Suggestion Box