New 2022 Xtrainer Video - Almost 20 Days In

New 2022 Xtrainer Video - Almost 20 Days In

Postby OldEz » Fri May 13, 2022 2:07 pm

Wait !!!

Before you click on that link, you should know that I wasn't too crazy about the stock look of the 2022 Xtrainer so the night I brought it home, I ordered a Polisport all red plastic kit (yes I modified the pre-2020 kit to make it fit) and new fat pegs (keeps my feet less tired). I also like fat grips, M59 and M5B tires, and Barkbusters. I installed all these before this ride so if the bike doesn't look like what you expect, that's why.

Also I'm trading off with my friend who has a well set up KTM 200 so he can test out the new bike also. So when you see me on an orange bike with plastic handguards over the Barkbusters, that's it.

I'm hoping to inspire more people to post videos and pictures. I like seeing other people's videos and pictures!

We're not trying to practice racing here or prove how we can defeat obstacles. It's just 2 good ole boys having fun riding in the mud and enjoying testing the new bike. I hope you guys enjoy this because we sure did !!!
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_qDn7HvCg[/url]
Last edited by OldEz on Fri May 13, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Beta Xtrainer (4/21/22)
2012 Honda CRF450X
2008 Aprillia RXV550
2007 Suzuki DRZ400S
2005 Yamaha TW200
(2) 1982 Honda VF750 Magna V45
OldEz

Re: New 2022 Xtrainer Video - Almost 20 Days In

Postby fenderworks » Sat May 14, 2022 12:43 pm

Nice.

what part of the country are you riding?
fenderworks
fenderworks

Re: New 2022 Xtrainer Video - Almost 20 Days In

Postby OldEz » Mon May 16, 2022 7:38 am

Sorry! Don't know how I missed seeing your post! I've been checking by but somehow just flat out didn't see it!

That's at Brown Mountain OHV NC.It's the very first mountain you run into moving from the foothills of Morganton NC to the Appalachian chain. It's not huge but the US Forest Service has turned over almost the whole mountain to offroaders. There are almost 40 miles of great legal trails like what you see in that video and maybe another 200-400 miles or so of..... uhhhmmmm... unregulated trails...

It is very rocky and has a clay-sand mix soil so it dries out quickly. The micro climate is more like the western US mountains, according to the USFS, with less rain than most of NC and the mostly sandy soil drying quickly. It's ideal conditions for rattlesnakes according to the USFS and there is a good chance you'll see one. There is an even better chance you'll see a black bear. I can vouch for both.

It is just a little over 30 miles from my house and the closest riding area to me. It is one ridge north-east of former GNCC race Steel Creek, although the soil type and micro climate are vastly different. Because of Steel Creek being so close, most of the top GNCC racers of the last couple of decades have ridden there so it's semi-famous in serious eastern US rider circles. One of those "the most famous place you've never heard of" type places. LoL! A lot of nationally known racers ride there from time to time. Last year Josh Strang took a break with the group at the Bear Rock while we were there. I've personally seen probably 7-8 nationally known racers in the parking lot. No one ever bothers them at Brown that I've seen. They let them go about their business like any other rider on the mountain.

If you get off the regulated trails, there are some tough trails. The Trail Of No Return stranded 2 National Champions and their 3-4 buddies once. A couple of trails have stumped nationally ranked Hard Enduro riders. Just a couple of days ago, two guys had to carry their bikes out in pieces. It's a special place to ride.

Drive about 35-45 minutes more north and you get to the riding area that hosts the race "Battle of The Goats", Brushy Mountain Motorsports. A lot of pro's (most?) consider it to be the hardest extreme enduro race in America.

I only have 3 riding area's within 2 hours drive of my home, but at least they are all very top notch areas to ride.
2022 Beta Xtrainer (4/21/22)
2012 Honda CRF450X
2008 Aprillia RXV550
2007 Suzuki DRZ400S
2005 Yamaha TW200
(2) 1982 Honda VF750 Magna V45
OldEz

Return to Pictures & Videos