Extremely close call today

Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Extremely close call today

Postby capt.licorice » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:36 pm

I was out on my 300RR today, doing about 60KMH on my to hit a bump that I use as a jump. But for some reason my bike kicks me over the bars as I hit the jump and I slam back to earth directly onto my right shoulder. After I came to a stop I feel an extreme pain in my right shoulder, at this moment I'm 90% sure its dislocated. I stumble around to get my gopro that flew off, here's the footage

https://youtu.be/TQiVIv51WNw

I'm writing this the day after and I must say, Oww. I can't use my right arm at all, no weight and no moment.
I should also mention I did go to the hospital and there appears to be no bone damage, Just muscle damage.
Last edited by capt.licorice on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capt.licorice

Re: Extremely close call today

Postby bikesparky » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:00 pm

90 % of the time when you hit a shoulder hard you break a collar bone, most broken bone of all.
Go and get an x-ray. Mostly it's just broken and you need to keep it in a sling for a few weeks.
If bad it needs a plate or sometimes it can touch and scratch a lung and you'll suffer for ever. Don't be a dumbass, get it checked out.
bikesparky

Postby Darkside » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

A broken collar bone will heal much faster than a dislocated shoulder. Done both. Collar bone is about 6-8 weeks to heal. Dislocated shoulder took about 6 months to be able to ride again. Good luck!
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby capt.licorice » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:47 pm

I've had X-rays done, everything appeared fine. If the pain persistes I'll go in again
capt.licorice

Postby BikeRider64 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 am

Glad everything is okay now. I pray for your fast recovery dude.
BikeRider64

Postby Noppy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:29 am

I feel sorry for your fall!

With shoulder / arm injury, have been there, wearing the T-shirt :D

Sling or not, try to use your arm as soon as possible with small exercises. Try to aproach the pain barrier and play with it a little bit: then it will recover and repair faster.

The number one exercise: fake an old coffee grinder and start with small horizontal circles. If you can bear the pain, slowly increase those circles to bigger ones. You will be amazed how fast you recover compaired to doing nothing in a sling. Google on ' frozen sholder' and you'll understand :mrgreen:

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/f ... c-overview

As soon as that is all doable, start with vertical circles.

If you reach that station, try standing with your back to the wall, one arm down and one up against the wall. In the beginning it will be extremely tough; one arm will probably not make it. But slowly very slowly build up the pressure and after a month or so both arms could meet the wall. That is the moment that you are fully recovered without restrictions! ;)

Take care!
Noppy

Postby ks9mm » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:45 pm

love it.. rider goes down.. first thing is to check if Bike is OK... :D '

heal fast!!
2014 Beta 300RR
2015 Husky TE125 (sold)
Husky WR300 (sold)
Husky TE510 supermoto sold
ks9mm

Return to Injury & Recovery