tree crash on single track

Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

tree crash on single track

Postby NJZoltan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:46 pm

I missed my front brake on a turn as I picked up a steady pace and came wide on a turn and slammed my left leg into the tree. I don't have any bruises but my leg is still achy. I'm riding tomorrow but will take it easy. As I get older, my healing time takes longer..
NJZoltan

Re: tree crash on single track

Postby NZMarkb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:02 pm

The getting older and taking longer to heal is a problem your not on your own with there :lol: :lol: :lol:
If your not willing to stand behind our troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb

Postby NJZoltan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm

This is true. I'll ride until I can't ride anymore... :)
NJZoltan

Postby Darkside » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:37 pm

how old are you?
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby NJZoltan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:44 pm

41yrs young...haha
NJZoltan

Postby GMP » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:02 pm

41? I would gladly take a tree to the knee to get 16yrs back!
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby ricoyam » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Sheet! I know I'm not the oldest one here, at least I hope I'm not.
I had a goal to be racing until I was 60. Mission accomplished at the end of August so now the goal is 70. At 70 I'll get free entry for AHRMA events.
It's been about 4 weeks since I tweaked my knee and its finally feeling good enough to go riding this weekend but I've got too much other stuff to do. Rats!
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby Survivor » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:25 pm

ricoyam wrote:Sheet! I know I'm not the oldest one here, at least I hope I'm not.
I had a goal to be racing until I was 60. Mission accomplished at the end of August so now the goal is 70. At 70 I'll get free entry for AHRMA events.
It's been about 4 weeks since I tweaked my knee and its finally feeling good enough to go riding this weekend but I've got too much other stuff to do. Rats!

ricoyam, I beat you guys by far! I am going on 67 and I started riding "Off Road" in 2015 for the first time of my life. Has been quite a challenge, three broken ribs last summer but loving every minute of that sport. l practice every chance I have and Barry's video's help me a lot and GMP is guiding me on the mechanic side as I am zero in mechanic. Love this site and the contributors! Thanks all!
Survivor

Postby betajuice » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:31 am

you are my role model, survivor... that makes me just a young pup coming into my mid 50s lol. ribs are nasty business, weird how it could take up to five minutes trying to get out of bed without screaming. fun fun fun.

i've never been a fan of bling but find myself using all sorts of stuff to make it easier to ride and keep up with the young uns for a few hours each weekend - steg pegz, clake one light clutch, flexx bars, twisted engineering bars, risers and lowered pegs so my long back isn't killing me after each ride.

i didn't actually snap any tendons but jiggered both knees in separate incidents and won't go riding without knee braces nowadays. mucho respect to you old geezers who keep riding fast, but personally i've been very happy with doing slow hard technical stuff nowadays. heaps of bruises from falling off at low speed or a standstill but no broken bones for quite a while now. :mrgreen:
betajuice

Postby Survivor » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:00 pm

betajuice wrote:you are my role model, survivor... that makes me just a young pup coming into my mid 50s lol. ribs are nasty business, weird how it could take up to five minutes trying to get out of bed without screaming. fun fun fun.

i've never been a fan of bling but find myself using all sorts of stuff to make it easier to ride and keep up with the young uns for a few hours each weekend - steg pegz, clake one light clutch, flexx bars, twisted engineering bars, risers and lowered pegs so my long back isn't killing me after each ride.

i didn't actually snap any tendons but jiggered both knees in separate incidents and won't go riding without knee braces nowadays. mucho respect to you old geezers who keep riding fast, but personally i've been very happy with doing slow hard technical stuff nowadays. heaps of bruises from falling off at low speed or a standstill but no broken bones for quite a while now. :mrgreen:

betajuice, mid 50s, you are a very young puppy at that age. That is the time (54) where I was still racing bicycle In Vancouver, BC, Canada and starting rock climbing in Squamish, BC, Canada and skiing the majestic Whistler (out of bounds). Great Memories! Then a curve ball got me to put an engine on that bicycle so it became a Harley Davidson. As nice as the HD was for scenic route, I needed more challenge so I had up a Kawasaki ZX6R with full race equipment for the race track. Another curve ball got me to switch to "Off Road" trail riding, I then discover the "Full Beauty of Living to the Max! Love my X Trainer and Off Road Riding.
I am now back in QC, Canada since 2011 away from those Majestic Mountains in the west!
1) I was debating all winter on Clake Two or Clake One? If you ride with Clake One it must be good enough for me. I did not like Midwest / too much drag. But I would consider the Clake One or Two. Which one do you recommend most dollar to dollar?
I am very interested by steg pegz as they seem to help a lot holding the bike.
2) The Flexx Bars or Twisted ENg. Bars. Is the Flexx or Twisted Eng. bars compatible with my existing regular hand guard (fully wrapped) and deflector ? I would like the Twisted Eng. but I think I have to buy new Hanguard system?
3) I also have a very bad right knee that needed two surgeries after ending my junior A hockey days and one surgery on the left knee. They are performing miracle although I am with a Physiotherapist for the winter and the Orthopedist at Sport Medecine to get me ready for next Spring riding season. So I would like to extend their longevity...Could you please give me a pick of your knee brace and I could print it for my Physiotherapist to look at it. I am lucky as she is fantastic in helping me getting ready for next spring!
betajuice if you have time to reply, this damage good "old man" / "young at heart" would appreciate it! :ugeek:
Cheers!
Survivor

Next

Return to Injury & Recovery