Tree sample

Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Tree sample

Postby Beta Steve » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm riding my Beta much better, and faster, than my Gasgas... which is both a good and bad thing. It's a lot more fun to ride, and the crash damage hurts a LOT more too. Saturday I was riding slippery rocky single track at Capitol Forest, coming up on the pipe in third gear, when an errant [it's always the rock's fault, right?] rock knocked me offline to the inside of my right hand corner. First my foot and right handlebar hit a tree hard, resulting in full lock right turn, into the next tree. Which I hit solidly with my head. Next comes a little imagination on my part: The third tree was hit with my left shoulder, also hard, but I have no memory of this. Next thing I know I'm sitting side saddle on the bike, which is laying on it's right side in the middle of the trail, happily idling away. I'm stunned at the quickness with which it happened, and can't move my left arm at all. So I guess I'll just sit here a while and wait for movement to come back or the next rider to come along and help me get out of the middle of the trail.
Soon enough I was able to get mobile again, at a much slower pace. Balance, muscle memory and energy had all deserted me. Got to a safer spot to remove myself from the trail, had an energy bar, and continued on my way, but didn't feel right or come back up to speed for an hour or so.
Results? Stiff neck, a right foot that is turning lots of pretty color, a numb left shoulder and two sprained fingers on my left hand. Rode the short course today...
Beta Steve

Re: Tree sample

Postby twowheels » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey, be careful out there!

and heal up soon ;)
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 am

I know what you mean, the bike is easy to ride faster, and sometimes you don't realize how fast your going! Being a rock guy, sometimes I think its safer if the rocks are relentless, rather than having sections with good fast dirt and just a few scattered rocks, sometimes hidden by ferns.

Hope its nothing serious and feel better!
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby flybars » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:18 am

That's a pretty serious wreck! Have U seen a Doc? Hope U heal up fast. How did the bike fare?
'14 300rr
flybars

Postby Beta Steve » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Other than a stiff neck and badly bruised foot I feel fine. The bike shows no damage either, they are tough. Everyone tells me I heal up quickly and I would have gone to the medical van right away if I felt the need.
Beta Steve

Return to Injury & Recovery