Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & training

Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Re: Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & traini

Postby Balkan boy » Thu May 05, 2016 2:16 am

Timely post, Barry.
I've recently dropped my bars to the factory height after using the 2'' risers for 200h.
I still haven't been to the mountains with this setup, so I'm waiting to see how that goes.

The reason I raised the bars was because I was getting a lot of arm pump and back pain on long, steep climbs. I thought I had a perfect setup, but I've been noticing some limitations of the high-bar position.

I've also cured a lot of aches like arm pump, lower back and quadriceps fatigue with focused exercising and diet. This path also makes you adapt to the bike instead of looking for a way to 'improve' it. I'm 186cm tall and 30 years old.

You do make a valid point about using the aids in a rational way.
400RR
Balkan boy

Postby betajuice » Fri May 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Balkan boy wrote:Timely post, Barry.
I've recently dropped my bars to the factory height after using the 2'' risers for 200h.
I still haven't been to the mountains with this setup, so I'm waiting to see how that goes.
The reason I raised the bars was because I was getting a lot of arm pump and back pain on long, steep climbs. I thought I had a perfect setup, but I've been noticing some limitations of the high-bar position.
I've also cured a lot of aches like arm pump, lower back and quadriceps fatigue with focused exercising and diet. This path also makes you adapt to the bike instead of looking for a way to 'improve' it. I'm 186cm tall and 30 years old.

it's an interesting topic as most of us are very keen to follow the advice of top riders and yet this can be a area where i think many of us will compromise on ultimate performance for comfort! i certainly have....

i did a video about body positioning ages ago but we have learned heaps since then so here's an update, works in well with the riser debate.

BODY POSITIONING: https://youtu.be/tVT7zDDZtZw
betajuice

Postby NZMarkb » Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 pm

Congratulations on your 100th video
Looking forward to the next 100
If your not willing to stand behind our troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb

Postby Kiki » Tue May 24, 2016 2:14 pm

I was actually lined up to buy a 4 stroke yamaha until i found this channel -- followed BetaJuices videos and now i am on a Beta XTrainer. Well done!!
As my daddy used to say " Never slap a man when he's chewin' tobacca"
You Tube https://www.youtube.com/user/kiki231000
Kiki

Postby betajuice » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:56 am

Advanced u-turn techniques: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09UguWwH2A

this builds on an earlier basic u-turns video from ages ago and provides 10 different ways to swing that bike around, especially in rough technical terrain.
betajuice

Postby Kiki » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:53 am

Excellent Video. Having returned to the dirt after a long time off, this channel really has me itching for the weekend. I think , for me, having challenges and skills to aspire to makes me want to get back on the bike over and over.
As my daddy used to say " Never slap a man when he's chewin' tobacca"
You Tube https://www.youtube.com/user/kiki231000
Kiki

Postby Clearvu1 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:59 am

Anybody have any extra riding gear you can donate to Barry? He's been wearing those dirty gray pajamas for years....I can't imagine they're much protection. I think that's what they issue in Ausie prisons. Barry was probably doing time for "tasteless and totally inappropriate humor" or "contributing to the delinquency of minor dirt bike riders" and just never changed his garb.
But really, nice job Berry. Another excellent video.
Clearvu1

Re: Cross training - best tyre pressures & avoiding puncture

Postby betajuice » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:40 am

there's not really any one size fits all when it comes to tyre pressures as there are so many different factors involved but hopefully this vid will give some pointers on working out what will suit your bike, weight, terrain and riding style....

Best tyre pressure, traction & avoiding punctures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqraGcke42w
betajuice

Postby Johnno » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 pm

I love the tubliss and golden tyres but with my current rear ( next will be a 333 ) anything under 5psi, and It doesn't take much of a hit for the wheel to make that noise that sounds like hitting a stack of corrugated iron sheets with a banjo.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby betajuice » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:15 pm

first training vid in ages due to being over in canada. the splat is a trials technique that can be tricky to do on an enduro bike but can make a big difference to climbing vertical rock faces, undercut ledges and other tough obstacles... especially if there is a kicker handy.

HOW TO SPLAT (SPLATTER) ON A DIRT BIKE: https://youtu.be/hv04UqM0zI4
betajuice

PreviousNext

Return to Riding Techniques & Training