After a sedentary year

Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Re: After a sedentary year

Postby Nicajohn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 am

I can only say whoa. Some have a hard time riding at any age but to hear of someone overcoming what you did and find something to keep pushing the boundaries is an inspiration. Thumbs up to you
Nicajohn

Postby johnm28 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:15 pm

Its great to see everyone working hard. I too feel bla lately . Turned 41 and with work, wife and kids its really hard to stay around 175 lbs currently at 190 lost 5 over last few weeks but man I want to eat everything I see but cant I'm on a diet. Miss my IPA's.... Its now warmer outside so I swim a lot more and that sheds the pounds.
For those who really want to improve your balance and get a good leg and core work out look into an INDO BOARD. www.indoboard.com I love it had it for about 10 years and I use it all the time. Helps me out for surfing, snowboarding and riding. my Kids love it too. IMO balance is a huge part of any sport. I do suggest using it on carpet first with the roller or you can end up on your ass real quick. simulates surfing so for those who surf I'm sure you have seen them.
johnm28

Postby Marylander » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:06 am

I've got an inner ear issue so I've been doing remedial balance work (just standing on one leg). The indo board looks neat but looks like it might be a bit much at my low level.
Marylander

Postby Nicajohn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:21 am

Indo boards are great for balance and leg workout. If youre handy you can make them yourself. I've done them outta plywood( cut to desired size) and thick piece of pvc. Can get different sizes and work way up at your comfort level
Nicajohn

Postby johnm28 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Marylander wrote:I've got an inner ear issue so I've been doing remedial balance work (just standing on one leg). The indo board looks neat but looks like it might be a bit much at my low level.

Yea they can take time to learn using the roller but get the one that has the Board, Roller and the Rubber disk thing. Start with that first until your ready for the roller. It keeps you only a few inches of ground but is great for learning. there are also so many other exercises as well. love using it to do push ups, makes you really use your core. YouTube it and you we find all kinds of uses.
johnm28

Postby iffykid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Nicajohn wrote:Indo boards are great for balance and leg workout. If youre handy you can make them yourself. I've done them outta plywood( cut to desired size) and thick piece of pvc. Can get different sizes and work way up at your comfort level

I am somewhat handy but mostly cheap.
Any info on appx size and shape? And what size PVC?
Would a partially deflated basketball or volleyball work in place of the rubber disc thingy?
iffykid

Postby iffykid » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Found demensions of 30"x18"
iffykid

Previous

Return to Riding Techniques & Training