Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & training

Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Re: Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & traini

Postby little_wing » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:42 pm

as the last guy,,, I too got a beta ( but the 250rr) as I loved seeing the beta 300 work for you. but wanted a bit quicker rev than the 300 thanks a bunch for making your videos and reviews
I have soo many skills and drills to work on in the coming months that I have seen and learned from your vids. ( riding season opens in 3 more weeks here in Ontario Canada)

I really hope Beta AU sees all these posts and watches your channel and helps support you in making the vids are you are pretty much a salesmen/spokesman for the beta brand. And its ambassadors to the sport like you that truly get and keep people interested in the sport.
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Postby Hammer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:02 pm

little_wing wrote: ( riding season opens in 3 more weeks here in Ontario Canada)

First race is in three weeks here in Ontario, best get a warm up before that!
Hammer

Postby betajuice » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:15 pm

little_wing wrote:... I really hope Beta AU sees all these posts and watches your channel and helps support you in making the vids are you are pretty much a salesmen/spokesman for the beta brand. And its ambassadors to the sport like you that truly get and keep people interested in the sport.

thanks little_wing, hope the 250 works out well for you and the racing goes well! that would be nice if beta threw free bikes at me of course, but i figure it's best to stay quite independent as otherwise they probably wouldn't want me posting vids like that one about the RR250 and RR300 known issues. :)

it may not happen, but heaps of guys have been saying to fly over and ride around BC and you just never know...
betajuice

Postby Hammer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:21 pm

betajuice wrote:
little_wing wrote:... I really hope Beta AU sees all these posts and watches your channel and helps support you in making the vids are you are pretty much a salesmen/spokesman for the beta brand. And its ambassadors to the sport like you that truly get and keep people interested in the sport.

it may not happen, but heaps of guys have been saying to fly over and ride around BC and you just never know...

BC is incredible! People really need to put it on their bucket list.
Hammer

Postby betajuice » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:29 pm

this is the how to wheelie vid i should have started with... the small relatively easy one that is very practical... before doing vids for the longer ones either seated or standing that are rarely needed and mostly just for pose value lol!

THE SMALL PRACTICAL WHEELIE: https://youtu.be/047LMSOH9V0
betajuice

Postby Ctkny » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Video #94 kills me. Lol.

What's with you riding that ktm ?? Where's your bike
Ctkny

Postby betajuice » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:15 am

Ctkny wrote:Video #94 kills me. Lol.

What's with you riding that ktm ?? Where's your bike

it was just in for a service and a mate lent me the 400exc. had a great time, iv'e always liked thumpers. :mrgreen:
betajuice

Postby betajuice » Tue May 03, 2016 12:17 pm

i've started a new playlist on the youtube channel:
BEFORE YOU RIDE: BIKE SETUP & YOUR GEAR https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlur54ugvzNKObUYoX39NzcixxZjzFzoP

it includes previous vids such as bike setup, protective gear, reducing arm pump, and hot weather riding tips.

and the latest one is going in the same section, tools and spares to take on your ride. took a fair bit of researching for this one and i bet i'm still missing some key things, i'm adding them at the end of the video as guys come up with cool tools. :)

THE DIRT BIKE TOOL KIT: https://youtu.be/WLwOJ1HQYq8?
betajuice

Re: Cross training - are bar risers and high bend bars evil?

Postby betajuice » Wed May 04, 2016 11:09 pm

lot of debate on this over the forums. being very tall i've always liked them but in our coaching with chris birch he advised against them, as most of the top riders do. this vid explores the issue and i throw my own two cents in about riding with and without those evil bits of alloy. :)

ARE BAR RISERS EVIL?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frSCJQ5mp1Y
betajuice

Postby NZMarkb » Thu May 05, 2016 2:12 am

If you want comfort buy a Harley you old bugger :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not meant to be comfortable riding these things at our age
I remember Chris telling me exactly the same thing (and the story about David Knight) and have never used them again, when you think about it it stuffs up all that great steering geometry we are always chasing and paying a lot of money for
Great vids, keep up the good work. I love seeing an alert letting me know there's a new one to have a chuckle over
Cheers
Mark :D :D :D
If your not willing to stand behind our troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb

PreviousNext

Return to Riding Techniques & Training