Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & training

Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Re: Cross training - trials-based enduro techniques & traini

Postby betajuice » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:32 am

NZMarkb wrote:Where the hell did you find "Beta Bob" :lol: :lol: :lol:
For gods sake put him back in the closet please :D :D
Another great video mate thanks (I tried to donate to your page but it wouldn't let me do it from NZ for some reason)
Cheers Mark

thanks mark, it's the thought that counts. :) a few kiwis have said the same thing so i'm sure it's just the australian government blocking you kiwis to get back at you for all the sheep jokes you throw at us (or is that the other way around?). lol

yeah beta bob took a fair bit of photoshopping and it wasn't fun having to look at him for about 20 mins, but anything to keep the lady subscribers happy... although turns out they aren't finding him attractive - which is so like women, judging us purely by our looks, unlike us men who just want a woman who makes us laugh and will make us feel protected.... sigh.
betajuice

Postby betajuice » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:52 pm

i've been watching the top extreme enduro riders in lots of vids lately and trying to apply how they paddle with their legs through tough terrain, hopefully i've got the basics right in this vid. if you think i missed any key points let me know and i can add them in at the end.

HOW TO LEG PADDLE THROUGH EXTREME TERRAIN: https://youtu.be/Nut-Ny_NwCs

betajuice

Postby Mikhail » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:33 pm

betajuice wrote:i've been watching the top extreme enduro riders in lots of vids lately and trying to apply how they paddle with their legs through tough terrain, hopefully i've got the basics right in this vid. if you think i missed any key points let me know and i can add them in at the end.

Hey, From personal experience I would like to add, that I found myself struggling with paddling with 1 leg, while keeping the other on the peg and standing. Thinking about, why the heck was my ass always falling on the seat, I discovered I was simply skipping the leg day too often in the gym.

After I started to get some strength back (until able to do a few squats on 1 leg), I found myself better at going from sitting position into standing only on 1 leg...and it helped big time in the tough terrain!
Mikhail

Postby NZMarkb » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:02 pm

What's this Gym thing your talking about
It must be further down the road past the Bar :lol: :lol:
If your not willing to stand behind our troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb

Postby betajuice » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:49 pm

THE OLD TWO STROKE VS FOUR STROKE DEBATE: https://youtu.be/PmUUxV3c_NQ

obviously a topic that has been done to death, but after a i did a silly vid on this there were a lot of questions so this is just my take on the debate with a bit of a cross training perspective.
betajuice

Postby betajuice » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:45 pm

so on the second birthday of the cross training vids we finally try the toughest hill climb we know of in our area... hell hill a.k.a. widow maker or dozer hill. bloody scary climb for us gumbies!

HELL HILL ATTEMPT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnlMLfC7V5k

betajuice

Best tyres and engine oil for your dirt bike?

Postby betajuice » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:01 pm

the ultimate guide to which is the best tyre for your dirt bike or adventure bike as well as the ultimate engine oil... assuming that "ultimate guide" means the dodgiest information you'll ever come across for enduro tyres and engine oil. :mrgreen:

obviously tyre choice can make a difference but this is just a tongue-in-cheek view on those long threads where guys say a certain tyre is crap and another one turned them into graham jarvis. maybe it's true but i haven't found a tyre yet that acts a subsitute for my lack of talent lol!

Best tyres and engine oil for your dirt bike?: https://youtu.be/67pWcoSHy1c

betajuice

Postby Ctkny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:01 pm

I watched your videos before I joined the site and helped me make my mind up on the beta 300. Thanks n keep up the great work.
Ctkny

BEST ENDURO & DIRT BIKE BOOTS?: enduro motovlog #89

Postby betajuice » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:56 am

Ctkny wrote:I watched your videos before I joined the site and helped me make my mind up on the beta 300. Thanks n keep up the great work.

i hope the italian princess is working out well for you ctkny. :mrgreen:

below isn't a training vid but just a bit of basic info on good dirt bike boots since i've had a lot of guys asking about boots over the past year. i'm no expert but over the years you do get a feel for what a good boot is all about, and read about the ones that consistently get the best user reviews.

BEST ENDURO & DIRT BIKE BOOTS?: enduro motovlog #89: https://youtu.be/XYof-jZUNfs
betajuice

Postby betajuice » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:00 pm

basic tips for traction in all situations, plus a few techniques to get going again when stuck on obstacles...

TRACTION TIPS FOR WHEN YOU'RE STUCK: https://youtu.be/G1lcuCjvavw
betajuice

PreviousNext

Return to Riding Techniques & Training